View from The Tower – Damien Rylett
We have been taking a sneaky look into the lives of the people that make Brunel Capital Partners tick. This time, we get to know Managing Director, Damien Rylett…
1. What first attracted you to Brunel Capital Partners?
I was responsible for setting the business up. The opportunity to establish a business that was totally focussed on its clients was hard to resist.
2. What is the most enjoyable part of your job?
Making a difference to people’s lives.
3. Describe yourself in three words
Trustworthy,Thorough and Caring,
4. What was your worst ever job?
Working in Homebase at the age of 15 and having to wear hideous green dungarees.
5. Favourite Band/Artist
6. Favourite Film
One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest
7. Favourite Book
Hunter S Thompson’s “ Fear and loathing in Las Vegas”
8. Favourite TV show or play
I don’ really watch television but when I do its usually sport.
9. Favourite type of holiday
A Secluded Beach would be ideal We honeymooned in Thailand and we’d like to return there with the children.
10. Favourite smell
Sizzling smoked bacon
11. Favourite Food/meal
Scallops followed by Fillet of Steak and Crème Brulee for desert
12. Dog or Cat?
13. Which 3 people (past or present) would you invite to dinner?
Winston Churchill, Martin Luther King and Nelson Mandela. That should make for an interesting evening.
14. If you weren’t working at Brunel, what would you be doing?
Definitely not working for Close.